Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 39 (April 13, 2015 Guimba, Philippines)

Hey Mom!
Love and miss you too.

This week was good, and General Conference was incredible. However, do you know why Elder Richard G Scott didn't speak? And what about President Monson?? He only spoke in Priesthood Session. A bunch of Missionaries are saying that Presidents Packer and Monson are going to be gone before the next conference :( I just don't even want to think about it.

Anyway, I think one of my favorite talks was Elder Holland's. I couldn't even take notes, because I was so afraid to miss anything. He has an incredible ability of practically forcing the Spirit into our hearts.
Another was Elder Wilford W Andersen's talk about The Music of the Gospel. I love Music, which is why I think that talk really spoke to me. Honestly? I think I've been dancing most of the steps since the beginning, and maybe every now then, I would hear a chord,maybe even a sentence, but I don't know if I ever really heard the Music until I came out on my mission. My mission has done incredible things to me, and I hope it continues to do so. Sometimes though, I feel we want to change the station, dance a different dance to a whole different song. Even now when the Music of the Gospel is so strong in my life, I still catch myself wondering what else is on the radio. I think that's a good introduction to my Scripture this week...

From 2 Nephi 4
16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.

I think this is actually a scripture Sister Dalley shared a while back, but I found it really relevant in my life when I read over it during my personal studies. It almost depresses me because of how weak and imperfect I am, that no matter how hard I try, I always seem to fall short. I want to do those things the Lord expects of me, but I tend to always be the one holding myself back.
It's because of these weaknesses and imperfections that I find myself becoming so much more grateful for Christ's Atonement. For both it's Redeeming and Enabling power. There truly is nothing we can do, no way we can take by ourselves that will lead us to Salvation and Perfection. I love how the promise of the Father is that as we do those things we can do in this life, and continue to repent for the things we fail to do, the Atonement of Christ will grant unto us that eternal perfection. So even though we may live this life sorrowing or grieving because of our iniquities, we can take faith, knowing in whom we have trusted. That we have trusted in God as our Father, Christ as our Savior and Redeemer, and the Holy Ghost as our Eternal Guide unto righteousness. It is in the name of those three we have all been baptized, and by the works and love of those three that we may all be saved.

Thanks for the love and the letters Mom :) I got to try some Butterfly Mussels today. They were actually really good. I don't know if that's what they're really called, but the osyter thing looks like a butterfly when you open up the shell :)

Also, have you heard anything about Kiarra? I've sent her a couple of emails, but haven't heard from her for a couple months.No big deal. Just wondering.

Anyway, here are the pictures :)


There's a child in this tree. He's looking for eggs. At the top to the left. Yellow shorts, white shirt.

Kid's like, 4.

:) This is Danna (the little one), she's autistic, but super fun :)

She kept asking for pictures :D

She's SUPER flexible.

Rice Fields



That's what happens when you don't know how to wash clothes. :P

Probably my best signature ever. I'm terrible at signing my name :P

Yay for dirty laundry... I just payed our Laundry nanay to do it this week :P




Love you so much!!!

Elder Syphus

No comments:

Post a Comment