Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 91 (April 10, 2016 Gabaldon, Philippines)

Dear Mom,

I watched Conference!!! It was awesome and beautiful and incredible and I love it!! I had super miced emotions when Elder Holland went up to give his talk. On the one hand, I was super stoked and excited to hear his message, but on the other, I was super sad because I knew that after he was done, I'd have to wait 6 more months, and I didn't know how I was going to do that. But he gave his talk on that exact topic!!!
I've also downloaded both of President Uchtdorf's talks on to my flashdrive, just because the speakers in the Sacrament Hall went out for BOTH. I was a little more than frustrated :) Of the talks I did get to listen to, Elder Christofferson's was probs one of my favorites. I goes beautifully with Elder Holland's talk from last October about Mothers.

***SIDE NOTE***

I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!

*********

So ya, Conference is pretty much my favorite*period*

I also got some of those magical bonus fries that you find at the bottom of your McDonald's bag during conference, but the spiritual version. I got to conduct some interviews for the Dingalan Elders, and it was the best! I interviewed 5 people, and 3 were uber prepared with bomb diddly testimonies. One of the others was 8, so I didn't expect too much from her, haha :) She did really good though, and passed. The other was this 17 year old girl who I couldn't even get to look at me, let alone talk to me. It was super awkward, and we were in there for prolly like, 10 minutes, accomplishing nothing. Apparantly, she's just ridonk shy, and I felt kind of bad that I wasn't able to feel comfortable enough to proceed with the interview. She didn't pass, needless to say :/

Anyhoo, this week wasn't super productive in terms of proselyting, because of all the meetings and stuff, and Satan really isn't giving up on our investigators, but neither are we. It can be a little rough at times getting them to keep commitments, especially when you know they have the desire, but lack the resources. Amparo and Mateo are still pushing strong, but I don't think April 23 is going to work out for them. Definitely in May though. We'll MAKE it happen (respecting their agency and mission rules of course :) )

That's my time for today, and I'll try to possible maybe send pictures maybe, but know that I super love and appreciate all of you!!!!!

Love you Mom!!

Elder Syphus

No comments:

Post a Comment