Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 36 (Mar. 16, 2015 Guimba, Philippines)

Dad, Thanks for the letters. I love reading and receiving them, but still haven't gotten the hang of replying to them. 

At times during the day, whether during teaching, finding, or just simply walking to the next appointment, the thought has often crossed my mind, "how did my Dad do it on His mission?" I constantly find myself looking to you, or Erik, or Shaun for advice, even though you aren't there to give it. However, I still receive it somehow. I think of the things you would've learned on your mission, and try to think of ways I can learn it too. Learning has become one of my greatest goals, now-a-days. Not just here on the mission, but in life generally. I think of learning to play the piano, sing, act, play guitar, juggle, dance, and bunch of other similar things. Then I think of you and wish I knew how to cook, clean, fix a car, lay down a lawn, fix the sink, and everything else like that. I want to learn, but sometimes I get distracted with learning the things that aren't going to be much use in the long run, no matter how fun they may be. Thanks for keeping me grounded and showing me the important things in life. Love you Dad.

Elder Syphus


Hi Mom.

The baptisms were all right. Paul Jhon Bobis Barcelita, Patrick Gamora Barcelita, and Jimber Corpuz Granil were all baptized on March 13, 2015, and set apart as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on March 15, 2015.

Transfers were on last Thursday. Elder Gallego is now in San Jose, and I'm still here in Guimba with my new companion, Elder Llona (like Liahona without the H). He's a really hard worker and I like being his companion. I sometimes get stressed out with everything happening or not happening, and I think it bothers him sometimes, but I let him now that I'm fine, and that he's not at fault.

We have a couple people that Avonlea taught, but we're thinking of dropping the area. There is very little progression. Everybody thinks that working next door to the church would be the easiest thing ever, but it's super difficult. It's like being a missionary in Utah. You're either a Mormon, or you know who they are and aren't interested. So we might just drop it and open up a different part of our area.

I'm short on time again so this is it. Sorry.

Love you Mom.

Elder Syphus

No comments:

Post a Comment