Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 89 (Mar. 27, 2016 Gabaldon, Philippines)

Hi Mom,

Amparo and her husband did go to church yesterday, and they LOVED it!! We made sure nothing happened to them, and the members were especially loving and helpful. Their main concern however is actually their relationship. As in, they're not yet actually married. They need to get all these different form and records, and are afraid they won't be able to afford it, plus the expenses of traveling all the way out to Cabanatuan to get it all, but Elder Strebe and I aren't getting up on the them. We've talked to a bunch of different members about how much each form is going to cost, and working to find someone going down to the City for an errand in the next few weeks that can take Amparo and Mateo with them to get their records. We've had a lot of discussion with Amparo and Mateo about how it's all going to work, and built a little plan for them to save up the money needed out of the small income they actually get. Their diligence and determination is just so inspiring and I love it!! We've moved their goal date for the 23rd, hoping the extra week will give us the time to iron out any other wrinkles, and get them safely and worthily into the waters of baptism. Missionary work is the coolest! :D :D :D

In less exciting news, I got a letter form President Clark today. Basically it's just a letter reminding me that I'm going home soon :( It was actually really depressing and kind of nerve wracking to leave. I'm not ready yet!!! I'm kind of freaking out, trying not to remember the upcoming date and event, but then he starts sending me stuff like that and BOOM! Dream world shattered. Bennett Olsen sent me a letter last week about how he made sure he completely forgot about it until like 4 days before and then it hit him like a ton of bricks. I've still got quite some time left, and I already feel like that. Nooooooooo!!!!!!

We're still having a good time here in Gabaldon though. We had exchanges again with Dingalan elders, and I got to work with my old pal, Elder Fresnoza. It was a fun time, and we got good stuff done. The mission is great, and I'm going to miss it like crazy, but not yet!!

Love you so much Mom!!! Next week!!

Elder Syphus

No comments:

Post a Comment