Wednesday, June 22, 2016

He's Home! (June 22, 2016)

My heart is very tender right now, not knowing whether to be excited for Elder Syphus' return or to cry as I reflect on what he is going through. All I know is that I am SO VERY PROUD of him and his obedient, hard working, missionary service. He has loved the Philippine people, their land and their culture. It took him awhile to get used to it all, but now he doesn't want to leave it all behind. Hopefully someday soon he can return. Last night Kendyl wanted to watch "The Other Side of Heaven". I definitely didn't do my already fragile emotional state any better. At the end of the movie as Elder Groberg is saying good-bye to the Tongan Saints and to the island that he had served on for 2 1/2 years, my thoughts turned to Joel, going through the same thing and I cried. So, after leaving the Philippines at 6pm last night, he is almost ready to arrive in Portland, Oregon and then on to Salt Lake City. He will be at the St. George airport at 5:52pm and I'm a bundle of nerves. It will be a wonderful weekend though as we will finally have all of our family with us after 3 1/2 years.


Feeling so blessed!







No comments:

Post a Comment