Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 29 (Jan. 25, 2015 San Leonardo, Philippines)



Hey Mom :)

I love the calendar, really :) It would be nice to have a little pocket one, but I can just buy one of those at the store.

My collection of Temples are all the Salt Lake Temple and I get them all from Conference Magazines. I may take them down though. They make me a little home sick :/

I'll be happy with whatever in the packages :) I don't have a lot of ideas; sorry :P Really though, anything would be wonderful :)

I still don't know for sure. I've heard he was a contractor and had an unpaid debt or something, but I don't know how true that is. He was a contractor though. I don't know about his family. They're in a different ward, and I barely even know the people in my own.

Haha, that's awesome about Shaun :) I want to take lessons again when I get home. Most church buildings here have a piano, but VERY few people actually know how to play. If we get there early enough, I'll sit down and sight read a few of them until I feel like I can play even just right hand, but even then, the chorister doesn't really know what she's doing, so I usually just sit back and sing bass.
Speaking of Church, I got to attend twice yesterday :) Sacrament is supposed to start at 8, so we showed up at 8:05. We were the first people there. An investigator showed up a few minutes later. At 8:30, the Ward Assistant secretary showed up and unlocked the door. We left at 8:40 to go find another investigator who said he was attending church. We got back at 9 AM (with the Investigator) and they were just barely finishing the Sacrament.... Grrrr...... So we ended up going to the 1 o'clock meeting in Gapan to partake of the Sacrament. It was frustrating.

Anyway, earlier in the week, we decided to try out Luz Kitchenette. It's like the nicest place to eat in Gapan; the place Shaun and Katie would only go to on their Anniversary or some other momentous occasion. It was a high class place. Not a single person inside was wearing flip flops. Ya. THAT high class. Elder Nalumen was freaking out because of how expensive everything was. I calculated the exchange rate. It was about as pricy as Arby's. I had a great time :D There was Squid Adobo, and real American Club sandwiches! I also bought a bowl of Halo-Halo, which is yam flavored ice cream with ice, cream, and a mixture of fruits, vegetables, and beans. It was superb :) I don't think Elder Nalumen will ever let us go back though, but we'll see :)

Not much else happened this week. I'm still trying to catch up with my Journal writing :/ I'm not very good at it, but I think I'm getting better :P
We've got a few good investigators still. Rex Delos Santos wasn't able to attend church again, but Victor Riego was with his two sons :) Denmar is the one we went to find, and we was there for the talks and classes, but we didn't count him as an ISM. Next time.
We also have an investigator working for Baptism on February 21. We set his cut off date for smoking as Jan 23 (last Friday), and he made it! We went back the next day to teach a lesson and he was drunk..... Guess we're teaching that lesson again. *sigh* :P

The Pope visited for about a week a few days ago. Every single home we walked into that had a Telelvision (not many have televisions) was watching a news article about it, including members. It was pretty big I guess :P Apparantly he's the only Pope in History to go to to the Philippines. Catholic church has been around dow (tagalog word with no real english equivalent, but works very well in this senence) for about 2000 years, and only now does their leader visit an All Catholic Country. Good for him :P
Anyway, life is good and I'm getting ready to be transferred, even though I don't necessarily want to. We'll see how it goes :P

Love you so much!
Elder Syphus

PPS (Pictures Post Script)

​Juliana Conde (Baptized last September) asked me if I knew how to braid her. I said "Pssh, of course I do." She told me to prove it. BOOM! Proved it! :P (I know, I'm terrible, but I still did it :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment