Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 54 (July 27, 2015 Talavera, Philippines)

Hi Mom!
Time is sort of short, so I won't be able to make this very long. Next week though :)

Kate is getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS KRATELET!!!!!! I've known for a while, but don't remember if I've already congratulated her on being so incredibly GORGEOUS and AMAZING!! Miss you like pie, Katelyn, and I miss pie a LOT. Think of how much you would miss pie if you hadn't had any in more than a year. Multiply that by about a Brazilian, and that's how much I miss pie. Times that by two, and that's how much I miss you. Yeah. It's a LOT.

I'm no longer as incredibly awkward and antisocial as I was before my mission, so that's a BIG plus. I can actually be friendly and make a total stranger feel comfortable around me within a few seconds. But then again, I'm in the Philippines where people actually DON'T have the tendency to call the cops when you ask them their name, phone number, age, and address.... Probably not something I should try on the streets of St. George :P

I was able to do exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week. Elder Jensen is from Provo Utah, and he goes home in October, with just about every other Zone Leader in the mission. It's a sort of super batch, and President Clark has let us know it :P Anyway, we did a LOT of contacting, but not too much teaching. Elder Jensen is really good at talking to everybody, like we're supposed to. We talked to more than 40 people that day, but I think the whole testimony part was a bit lacking. However, I did get to bear my testimony in one of the lessons we taught. We were teaching these two 20 something year old twins who were on the City's Council, and they spent a lot of time telling us how they had attended church in all these really big Filipino religions as part of their assignment, but they had never heard about "The Mormons," so they just kept asking us who we were and what we were doing and what made us any different than all the other churches they had been too. It was sort of hard to answer because they just kept asking more questions, but I was able to go off into a really quick but personally powerful version of the Restoration through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I closed with my testimony of the truthfulness of the message, and then they just sat there a little stunned for a few seconds, before one of them got out a weak "thank you" and then complimented me on my Tagalog. It was probably one of the most Spiritually powerful moments of my mission. I didn't even know my testimony was that strong. We ended with a prayer, and set a return appointment. Super cool stuff. I always love going on exchanges. So much to learn :)

So I actually do have a scripture to share, but no time to share it. Next week though! I promise!!

Love you!!

Elder Syphus

No comments:

Post a Comment