Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Week 55 (Aug. 2, 2015 Talavera, Philippines)

How has your week been? We've been seeing a lot of progression here in Talavera. It's kind of interesting, because sometimes I'll think of how few lessons we were able to teach this week, but then at other times I think of how many of our investigators are progressing towards baptism, but only now while emailing you have I suddenly thought of them both at once. It's sort of helped me realize that the Lord doesn't look at numbers in the sense of statistics. He looks at them more as an indicator of the dedication and devotion of his servants and children. I feel as though that even though we haven't had the highest numbers this week, the Lord and our Father in Heaven have seen how hard we worked, and is granting us incredible blessings because of it :)
Last night was a lot of fun. We went to a member's home to teach one of our progressing investigators, and we had a few priesthood holders from the branch their to assist in the teaching. While we were waiting for our investigator to show up, the Priesthood holders starting joking around with each other, and it was so funny! It's just a bunch of nonsense that they throw back and forth at each other but their execution on it all was perfect, which made it so hilarious. When are investigator showed up we calmed down a bit and taught her, but I was smiles the whole time because of the joking around earlier, which I think made the Spirit a lot stronger. Sometimes I forget to smile while I'm teaching, which probably inhibits the Spirit a little bit. People have been telling me my whole life to smile more often, and I can't seem to get the hang of it, but I feel like the mission is helping quite a bit :) I'm definitely smiling right now :D :D


Sorry Mom no time. Still alive. Still happy. Still love you


Elder Syphus

No comments:

Post a Comment