Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Set apart as a Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

July 1, 2014 (by mom)
Joel was set apart at 5:30 tonight.  I can't believe it has already been almost 4 months since he received his call.  I hate to see time go by so quickly, especially since I'm getting older and my kiddos are leaving, however, I hope these next 2 years go by fast.

We had an extra special surprise when Joel's sister, Kylie, and her husband Greg and little boy Axel came walking through the door this afternoon.  They drove all the way from Boise to be with us these next few days.  It was such a nice thing for them to do to show Joel their love for him.  We met with Pres. Stucki at the chapel.  Rob & Kari, Shaun & Kate, Kylie & Greg, Kambree & Kendyl, Joel & Trish, my parents and Kyle's family were all there with us.  Pres. Stucki gave him such a wonderful blessing.
A few things he mentioned were that the Lord is mindful of him and our family; that he would be protected and through his obedience on his mission, his family would be protected and prosper as well.  He would also have the gift of tongues and faith.  He would have the ability to love and serve his companions and would be a powerful teacher to all.  There was much more, but these were the high lights.  It was a beautiful blessing for such a great young man.  His Heavenly Father truly does love him.

Our immediate family went to the Brick Oven for dinner afterward.  It was fun for him to see his good friend, Delaney, there working.  He has been blessed with such great friends!
I could tell that Joel was finally getting nervous or tired or both, but he hardly ate anything.   Since I've never been on a mission, it's hard for me to know what these awesome young men and women go through, but I know it'd probably be terrifying for me.  So proud of him and all of the missionaries in the world.

A few silly last pictures with Kambree.  You wouldn't know that they are often times a tad bit mean to each other.  I think they realize it will be awhile before they see each other again.  I had to get some pictures as proof that there truly is LOVE between them :)






No comments:

Post a Comment